Color Psychology: How Do Colors Affect Purchases (Infographic)
Did you know there are many factors that influence how and what consumers buy. But visual appearance and colors are play the important factors. Marketing experts say that people subconsciously associate specific colors with specific social or cultural messages. So, when marketing new products it is crucial to consider that consumers place visual appearance and color above other factors such as sound, smell and texture.when shopping.
Learn more about color psychology and how it influence purchases in this infographic by KissMetrics.com.
Some Facts and Stats:
- 85% of shoppers place color as a primary reason for why they buy a product. [ Tweet this]
- Colors and Branding: Color increases brand recognation by 80%. [ Tweet this]
- Orange, black and blue colors are perfect for outlet malls, fast food and clearance sales. [ Tweet this]
- Pink, sky blue and rose colors are perfect for clothing stores. [ Tweet this]
- 52% of shoppers didn’t return to a website because of the overall aesthetic. [ Tweet this]
- 64% of online shoppers didn’t purchase an item(s) because the website was too slow. [ Tweet this]
Click on the image to enlarge
The bottom line is: use the right colors and great visual appearance, and you win.