Your logo is literally the first thing that people see and hence it can be said to the face of your business. Given that it is the one thing that will be most memorable when it comes to your business, you need to make a good impression. As such, you need to be very careful about where you get your logos. You want logos that will be unique, memorable and full of verve and color to represent the vibe and energy of your brand.
The following are some of the ways to get a professional logo design:
#1. Hire a Designer
It may be tempting to get cheap designs from the likes of Etsy, Fiverr, and other such places, but these designs while cheap may be cheesy, boring and dated. However, if you got to the market places such as FreelanceLogoDesign.com, you can get a very competent designer that will make you a crisp and memorable logo design.
- You get experienced designers that use professional tools. They also give you the finished product in multiple formats including the vector source file
- Your logo is 100% unique and exclusive as the designers do not use templates or clip art and they also make the logo specifically for your business and will not resell it
- With designers across the world, you will get your design within the hour
- You get three designers working on your concepts with each producing 2 concepts giving you a total of six logos to choose from
- In addition to the $19 for the design you have to pay an additional $49 to get the copyright for your logo
- You have to pay $20 more for revisions to your logos
- There are no refunds and hence you will not get your $19 back even if you do not like the logo
#2. Use a Logo Maker
Since hiring a designer can be expensive, you may need to use logo makers if you are on a tight budget. The good thing about logo makers is that they can give you professional designs that will not look too cheap. After getting the colors you need you can turn to logo makers for some templates. One of the best logo makers out there is LogoAi.com
- They give you professional high-resolution designs that follow brand guidelines in a variety of formats
- Uses artificial intelligence to craft a design that would be excellent for your brand
- The AI ensures that every design is unique to your business
You get unlimited edits and downloads
- No personal touch as you do not talk to a designer to give ideas or give feedback on the designs
- There are no refunds once you get access to the files
#3. Download a Logo Template Bundle Free or Premium
Designing a logo from a template that could either be free or premium is one of the cheapest ways to get a great logo for your business. Some great places to get some good templates for your brand include the likes of Canva, which has more than 50,000 templates. Others include the likes of PNG Tree and Template Monster. All of these companies have beautiful templates that you can customize and download either for free or for a fee for the premium template designs.
- They are cheaper than hiring a designer
- You get access to thousands of beautiful professionally designed templates
- Premium templates can be just as good as custom made professional designs
- You can preview the logo before downloading
- You do not have copyright on the designs
- You may have to pay subscription fees for access to the templates
#4. Get Designs from Online Contests
Online graphic and logo design services such as 99designs can get you some very good logos for your brand at an affordable price. The way this works is you submit your brand and the idea you need for your logo including your colors, and then designers make logos and the one you like best gets to win the amount you put up for the contest. The online contest route is often popular with businesses that are looking for the largest selection of designs since their mission and vision are not yet very well defined.
- You do get tens of designs from professionals that you can choose from
- The logo designs tend to be cheaper than hiring a professional designer
- You do not have copyright and your logo designer can resell your designs to someone else
- You do not have the right to ask for revisions and edits to the final logo you choose
#5. Unlimited Graphic Design Service
There are services out there such as Design Pickle that provide unlimited graphic design services for a monthly or quarterly subscription fee. Since these services typically assign an individual designer to work on all your projects, they are great if you need to give your designer ideas and feedback on the project. However, the services only make sense if you are on a tight budget and have a lot of logo design work you need to get done every month.
- You get unlimited access to a designer who will design an unlimited number of professional logo designs
- You can give ideas and feedback to the designer on the logo they designed
- Great for bulk orders which you can then resell
- They are not cost effective if you need a one off logo design
You do need a professionally designed log for your business or brand if you are to stand out from the competition and create brand loyalty. In this regard, you have to have your logo done right from the very beginning. There are several ways to get your logo design done professionally using either free and premium tools or services. The type of tools or services that you use will depend on your goals for the business, your vision, mission, and the stage your business is in. Of course, each type of logo design service has its advantages and disadvantages that you also have to take into account.
What other services have you used to get your logo designs? Is there anything I have left out? Let’s continue the conversation in the comments below.