Even with the internet making everyone’s lives very easy and accessible, when you experience challenges with a particular product, you would want to talk to an actual person, right?
Researching troubleshooting guides on the internet doesn’t replace it. Many people still prefer talking to a professional when discussing facts, say about real estate or a high-tech medical device.
Luckily, the internet has made everything very easy for many businesses using VoIP or voice over internet protocol. This technology allows companies to make and receive voice calls using broadband internet.
This way, even if the staff in charge of answering calls is on the opposite side of the world, it would still be possible and crystal clear.
VoIP has been positively changing the business landscape and has been instrumental in growing many businesses. Many companies continue to subscribe to VoIP; proof shows that VoIP subscribers reached 204.8 billion in 2020, which is still forecasted to grow by 12% until 2025.
If you have a business that needs this kind of service, check out Sunco SIP trunking Canada. They transform business communications with flexibility and resiliency at an affordable cost.
Many businesses find it extremely challenging to solidify their branding. They try to market their brand by using influencers, making their team members wear company T-shirts, and paying ads on social media channels.
They don’t realize there’s a huge chance to improve branding using the business phone system. That said, here are ways your businesses can utilize the business phone system as a branding tool:
1. Using Professional Voice Recording Service
When customers call your number, they want to be greeted with an energetic and lively voice, not a sad, depressing customer service agent.
Many customers are turned off by agents who answer the phone unprofessionally. They would rather cut the call short than bear the intolerable thought of talking to a dazed person on the other end of the line. That is even if it took them a long time to get connected.
This kind of negative energy can drag the entire company down. Hence, the initial impression of customers on an inbound call must be positive. So, instead of assigning an auto phone attendant to answer the calls, using a professional voice recording service would be better.
This way, each call will be greeted professionally by a lively, cheerful, and encouraging voice that would best represent the company and amplify the company’s brand image. Utilizing this would make the customer experience positively consistent.
2. Using Vanity Numbers For Inbound Calls
Customers are wary of calling numbers that use the toll-free route; there’s just something about the toll-free number that doesn’t appeal to consumers. Maybe it’s their length and appearance on paper. Instead of using toll-free numbers, you may try to use vanity numbers.
Vanity numbers are easy to remember and would increase brand recognition. Say your business is fast food specializing in burgers; you may use the number 1-800-BURGER as your vanity delivery number. The custom-made digits are spelled out using the numbers on the telephone keypad.
3. Utilizing CTI or Customer Telephony Integration
CTI has many functions that can improve customers’ experience when they call your business. It is an integration software that makes call center management efficient through performing operations on the computer screen rather than on the physical telephone unit.
Here are some of its functions:
- Answering and disconnecting calls
- Putting calls on hold
- Transferring calls
- Ability to record calls
- Enables management to listen to live conversations to provide valuable feedback to agents
- Ability to pull up a customer record for quick assistance
CTI helps agents assist customers efficiently by giving agents all the information they need to better assist the customer on the other end of the line.
Suppose your business is manufacturing equipment that requires regular servicing, like an HVAC system. You must store vital customer information like personal details, warranty expiration, coverage, and maintenance cycle dates.
This information should be readily available to agents because this is the primary information customers need from the business.
When agents are equipped, they would be able to handle calls fluidly, giving customers a seamless experience. And you know how word-of-mouth travels fast.
In today’s case, customers can easily broadcast their experiences on social media. If your inbound call service is consistently good, customers can spread the word, and it could excellently magnify your brand.
On the other hand, when it’s a bad experience, customers can quickly type their frustration and post on their social media feeds.
4. Efficient Call Routing
Because of artificial intelligence and proper data utilization, customer experience has been elevated to greater heights with their integration into the business phone system. One can route calls effectively to assist inbound calls of customers better.
Here are some of the ways:
- IVR or interactive voice response – Clients calling can choose based on the options provided in the automated answering recording. It directs them based on their queries or needs.
- Direct routing – This allows the customers to talk to the specific person they want to connect to by giving direct access to them. This routing allows company members to build a more personal relationship with customers. Although, this may also lengthen the customer’s wait time, especially if they want to talk to one of the department’s most in-demand persons.
- Routing by caller ID – Based on the customer’s last conversation in the history log, the call will be routed to the agent who handled the previous call. This way, the most knowledgeable person on the customer’s query will attend to their needs.
- Business objectives routing – Businesses can align their routing strategy based on their business objectives. They can assign highly persuasive and knowledgeable personnel to new accounts or customers who plan to purchase or subscribe to a service. This way, the probability of getting that specific customer is higher. You may also route angry and disappointed customers to persons skilled in retention or convincing to prevent them from discontinuing the service or returning the product.
Delivering a great customer experience through a business phone system is still one of the best-tested strategies for improving your business branding.
Talking to an actual human being instead of a recording makes the interaction more genuine. The dynamics of conversation over the telephone can transcend from a simple sales call to a more personalized experience. And in reality, the world needs more of this today.