Everyone is on Google today. People are enabling their digital existence to get more leads and sales of their products and services.
Yes, today, everyone wants to achieve the top position on Google. But how does it happen? Is it all depend on the SEO, SEM, or PPC efforts? Or is there some more information in it that needs to be deciphered?
Everyone wants the top rankings in Google as it drives more traffic to your website, increases your online presence, and builds solid business credibility. But as everything changes with time, the algorithms of Google are changing too.
Today, tons of alterations have been made in the processes, and only focusing on the new approaches can be your life-saver in this regard.
10 Steps to Rank High on Google in 2022
There are a plethora of ways that can be used to rank higher on Google. However, implementing all of them isn’t going to be possible.
So, with this being in focus, here I present the best and high-performing ten steps that would certainly elevate your ranking game on Google, particularly in 2022 and forward.
1. Focus on a Few High-Performing Keywords
The game isn’t just to focus on a lot of keywords and work tirelessly on them while ending up with no results in hand. Therefore, it is paramount to think of the keywords that matter the most and can make your ranking game.
These are the keywords that your potential clients will be searching with and perform impeccably in the search engine. Today we have a plethora of keyword research tools and software that are here to uplift your strategy and make reasonable growth in a matter of time.
When identifying the best performing keywords that will help you elevate your ranking, some factors that you need to consider are;
- The first is volume, as it helps you determine how many times the term has been searched.
- The next is to check out the competition, as it will help you analyze the competitiveness of the keyword you’re targeting.
- The relevance also matters the most as the relevancy of the keyword can play a crucial game in driving traffic to your website.
- Your domain authority also matters in ranking as it will help you finalize the keywords that rank best on your website.
2. Analyze the Keyword Intent
Analyzing the keyword intent is another factor that plays a critical role in your search engine optimization game. The main four types of keyword intents are commercial, informational, transactional, and navigational.
The use of your keyword on web pages must be done after analyzing the intent behind it, and only then will it be beneficial and game-changing for you.
For targeting the user, you need to dive deep down and find out the intent of a user behind the search and then leverage its power to your ranking game.
3. Long-Form Content is a Winner
If someone needs a one-phrase answer to winning the SEO or ranking game on Google, it would be using long-form content coupled with great optimization practices.
Whether for blog posts you are writing or the landing pages you are adding to your website, long-format content can help you reach the top of your rankings.
In your content pieces, you can add several sections and headings to make them longer with more details and make them a piece worthy of reading for users. For example, you can add a frequently asked question section, i.e., FAQs, to make your content form longer and more result-driven.
4. Level Up Your On-Page SEO
Elevating your ranking game is another factor that plays a critical role in on-page SEO. You must have heard about on-page SEO. With this said, here are a few of the on-page SEO that you must have on your checklist;
- The first is the role of keyword placement which plays a massive role in elevating your game. For example, Meta title, Meta description, headers, image alt text, URLs, etc.
- Adding internal and external links to your on-page SEO strategy is essential. It shows relevancy and creates credibility as well.
5. Using Long-Tail Keywords
Long-tail keywords are amazing for leveling up your search engine optimization game. These are the keywords that have longer heads and lower search volume.
This is where you have ample opportunity to expand your top results in broader and high-volume keywords. Using the long-tail keywords can provide the following benefits to you;
- They are easier to rank and create good opportunities for online business.
- It helps you in targeting the right traffic.
- It also helps you in less investment of paid advertisement and thus the first choice for companies looking for affordable SEO London methodologies and approaches.
- It helps your business to unlock the competitive side of your business.
- It also helps in adding context for Google.
- You get more solutions per the diverse search queries for your business.
6. The Content Must be Skimmable
Google focuses on providing the answers rather than focusing on a few of the list pages. When a user clicks on the website and sees the desired results as per the search being made, the results will certainly drive in the right traffic.
But for you to rank higher, it is one of the great ways to get the desired results. And ultimately, it aids your ranking and improves your search engine’s position for you in a matter of time.
So, you must be wondering about the best way to make your content Skimmable. Well, not to worry, as Google will do it directly by extracting the snippets of your content to build the answer results like the Featured Snippet, Meta Descriptions, and Passage Ranking.
7. The Use of Unambiguous Statements is Necessary
The use of explicit and unambiguous statements becomes necessary if you want to keep the ranking game-high on your website.
Even if you are using the wording of your website in multi-part content pieces, using explicit statements in the content becomes essential. Doing this can be done by clearly stating the answer by restating the question in your content to give a clear idea of your work.
For example, using the explicit statements in the content is a high game with how-to content pieces that hook the readers while meeting the requirements of Google’s search engine simultaneously.
While doing this, restating your point in the conclusion with mentioning the focus on how to do the following work will give readers a clear preference.
8. Inclusion of High Visuals
A lot of people actually don’t consider it, but it is generally the game that can make or break your efforts and page’s ranking at the same time.
This means that you need to add high-quality images and visuals to your website to achieve a higher ranking is the simplest way to achieve this.
The more engaging your content piece is, the better it will work to keep the readers engaged and hooked to your website and hence shows Google that your pages answer the best queries of the search being made.
Moreover, the use of blog posts that you are using for your rankings in the search engine result pages, you need to use high-quality images in the content in order to gain a competitive edge with your content piece.
The images you’re using must illustrate the concepts, provide value, and match the intent of the keyword.
9. Using Table of Contents
Another element that you can add to your blog posts that performs well on Google is the table of content. Not all the time, but usually, Google uses the table of contents and links to the Meta description.
If you are not aware of how to do this, let me walk you through this in the following steps;
- The first step is to go into the HTML view of your post, and above all, the Heading 2 and 3 or H2 or H3s you wish to create links, insert
- Keeping the quotation marks is necessary if you’re using more than one word. You can also separate it with the use of underscores and dashes.
- The next part is to write a table of contents at the top part of your post and add a link to that section.
10. Make Your Meta Title Interesting
Google doesn’t allow any website to go around the creative canvas with the heading creation for their brand. And this is where the responsibility of making your Meta title interesting lies in your hands.
This is where you need to tweak something interesting and result-driven. You can check for some of the titles already ranking on Google search engine result pages, which will help you create the one that performs better.
While you are restricted to using 60 characters in your H1, at the same time, you must come up with the idea that stands out and works better too. The title must focus on the SEO requirements, have a front-load of keywords, and pay attention to modifiers.
The Final Takeaway
While many factors can be game-changing for you when you are keen on getting the top rankings in Google, these 10 mentioned are genuinely the game-changers.
So, using these tips to drive more convertible traffic to your website becomes possible; hence, you gain a competitive edge in getting website traffic and achieving your conversion goals.
About the Author!
Shaeel Ahmed is a digital marketing expert and currently working in SEOLift – SEO Company London. He loves to code and writes intending to bring his practical experience into theory. Also, he is passionate about reading and writing about the latest global trends.