Did you know that most people spend an average of eight hours daily doing online activities? These activities include using social media platforms, watching videos, reading emails, surfing the net, purchasing products, etc.
This is why it’s essential for most businesses these days to have a strong presence in the digital arena. And this doesn’t only pertain to eCommerce platforms. It also involves brick-and-mortar and service-based local businesses.
One of the best ways to boost your online presence and foster a lasting impression in the minds of your audience is to utilize technology and its features.
This will help you make your brand shine brighter, communicate with your audience, and create an excellent customer experience. However, cybersecurity is one thing to keep in mind when using technology.
It’s crucial to ensure a secured connection to protect your sensitive data and avoid wasting your efforts. If you need further assistance to strengthen your cybersecurity protection against hackers, you may visit NENS Managed IT services Boston.
Once your connections are secured, it’s time to focus on your online growth. With that said, here are some ways to help you use technology to boost your presence in the digital realm.
1. Create An Engaging And Attractive Website
These days, most businesses have a website where they can promote their products and services to millions of people at the same time. Aside from brand promotion, they can also use it as a selling platform and conduct transactions.
Since most people search for a website to learn more about the business they recently found, it’s important to ensure that it’s engaging and attractive. Otherwise, they won’t even bother opening it up and browsing through it. Here’s how you can make that:
- Manage The Navigation: Make sure that every page is linked to each other properly. This will ensure your audience won’t get lost while browsing your site.
- Simplify The Layout: A simple website doesn’t mean it’s boring. It’s quite the other way around. Most people love simple designs and layouts because they can get the information they need without fuss.
- Use White Space: White space doesn’t have to be white. It can be any color you want as long as it has no text or image. This will help your audience focus and separate ideas and functions effectively. This way, people will see what they need at a glance.
- Avoid Technical Terms: Avoid jargon and highly technical terms and speak like a real person. This will help your audience understand your brand without having to decipher any words they see on your platform.
2. Take Advantage Of SEO
Search engine optimization (SEO) is one of the most effective ways that’ll help you boost your online presence. Moreover, it’s one of the most crucial elements to consider if you’re running a website.
This is responsible for making your website appear on the result pages of search engines. Without it, your website won’t be visible to many users, no matter how beautifully designed it is.
That said, it’s crucial to optimize your website’s SEO. This way, your website will secure a good position (high ranking) in the search engine results pages (SERPs).
When you optimize your website’s SEO, you have to focus on these three key areas:
- Off-Page SEO: These elements have nothing to do with any changes that may occur within your website. But they can affect its SEO ranking.
- On-Page SEO: These are the elements within your website, such as content, navigation, internal link placements, and your product pages.
- Technical SEO: These elements are deep within your website’s architecture, such as page loading speed.
Here are some tips to help you optimize your SEO, considering the three key areas above:
- Conduct keyword research and look for those that are relevant to what your business is offering.
- Incorporate relevant keywords on your website. They could be placed on your landing pages, product content, blog sections, etc.
- Incorporate high-authority and internal links to your content.
- Produce new content consistently and keep it optimized for SEO.
- Improve your website’s technical usability, such as page loading speed and navigation.
- Build relationships with prominent figures in the industry, such as journalists, bloggers, and publishers.
3. Create Your Social Media Account
Social media is one of the most powerful tools that’ll help you boost your online presence and take it to the next level.
Aside from websites, most businesses use social media to promote their brand, sell their products and services, grow their community, and communicate with their target audience. It’s an effective way to convert people into your customers.
In addition, most people go to social media to look for their next purchase. This is why it’s necessary to have a social media account for your business today. Otherwise, tons of sales opportunities will be wasted.
However, having a social media account won’t guarantee an online presence. You’ll need the right techniques and strategies to make social media work for your business. Here are some tips to get you started:
- Create A Social Media Calendar: This will help you organize things around so you know where is the right place to post the right content at the right time.
- Find The Right Platform For Your Business: You can use many social media platforms. But it doesn’t mean using them all at the same time. Finding the right one and focusing on growing and building your brand’s community is best.
- Post Consistently: Consistency is the key even in social media marketing. This will make you more recognizable since more people will be able to see your business more often.
- Release Great Content: Content is the king of social media. If you don’t know what to post, it’d be best to check your competitors and see what kinds of posts they are using to attract people.
These days, boosting an online presence is necessary to build a community surrounding your brand and improve your revenue. And for that to happen, you need the help of technology.
After all, having an online presence is an outcome of technology itself. All you need to do is identify and understand the right strategies to give you better results.
In that case, you may consider the techniques mentioned above. These are some of the most effective strategies businesses use today to improve their online presence.
You may use the tips alongside these techniques for better outcomes and to make each method work for your business.