3 Easy Ways To Market Your Business
Everyone wants a successful business. One sure-fire way you can improve your business is through marketing. Having a marketing plan is a great way to build your business, brand, and customers if done correctly.
For any small business owner, successfully launching and marketing your business can be a struggle. With countless articles and advice columns for the way to hack your marketing is overwhelming, but marketing your business can be easy.
Thankfully the internet has made some aspects of marketing easy! With free platforms, search engines, and social media it is easy to start marketing your business.
The internet is one of the best ways to market your business, and you can start marketing your business today! Here are 3 Easy Ways to Market Your Business:
How do you attract new customers? Do potential customers know what you have to offer? How can customers best find and contact you? A well-designed website should answer these questions and more!
Your website is one of the easiest ways to market your business. Every business needs a website but is your website losing you money? If your site is lacking, it will be hard to gain new customers and might have customers going to your competition. The difference between a good or a great website can make all the difference in sales, and new leads for your business.
So how can you better market your business on your website? There are 3 ways you can improve the marketing on your website, SEO, Design, and Customer Experience.
SEO is search engine optimization and includes using keywords (popular searches) in your website as well as other core ranking factors. You can easily identify top keywords or search terms related to your business and integrate them on your site to help rank for google searches.
Keywords can play a large role in how you market your business online. Keywords (what someone searches online) can and should be incorporated into almost every aspect of your website. From headlines, alt text, and throughout your pages you should use keywords that reflect your business, and what customers are searching for.
Understanding these keywords and why customers use them will ensure your content and your customers get the most out of your website.
4 Types of Keywords:
- Informational keywords — searchers looking for an answer to a specific question or general information.
- Navigational keywords — searchers intending to find a specific site or page.
- Commercial keywords — searchers looking to investigate brands or services.
- Transactional keywords — searchers intending to complete an action or purchase.
Using a variety of these keywords will help your clients find your business, but also lead to a better experience, and higher conversion rates for your website.
Web design and customer experience are two other easy ways to ensure that customers that come to your website stay. Good web design can include a clear call to action and good copy. Ensuring you use a clean design (no pop-ups, sounds, or auto-play videos) that customers can find information that is helpful are great ways to build a great site.
A better page experience (fast page loading times, and easy to navigate site) can also improve your keyword ranks and bring more traffic to your site.
With a great website, you can easily market your business through keywords, design, and a great customer experience.
#2. Google My Business
For Local and small businesses, Google My Business is one of the most powerful tools you can use to direct new customers to your business.
Google My Business is one of the easiest ways to market your business. With just a few clicks you can easily start ranking for local keywords and show up in google maps recommendations.
Google my business is your business profile on google that can win over hesitant customers to learn more about you. With some quick optimizations, you can easily market your business for free through Google My Business.
Tips to Upgrade Your Google My Business:
- Create Your Listing: The more accurate and thorough your google my business listing the better! Make sure your Business name matches across all platforms (website, Google my business, and social media channels), phone numbers, and business address. This will help customers find your business easier!
- Use Photos and Post Updates: have beautiful milkshakes? Or a homey vibe in your cafe Highlight what makes your business great with images and post updates to get more attention. You can showcase specials for your business and gather attention about your business.
- Reviews and Questions: Reviews are the best way to drive business on google my business. Great ratings allow you to rank in search results both on Google search and on Google Maps. Users can also leave questions on your GMB page. Answer any questions to help future customers.
One of the most powerful tools in Google My Business is Reviews. Reviews can play a huge role in reputation, rankings, and winning over hesitant customers to give you a chance. By having a public space to display, respond, and receive reviews you can build customer trust in your business. Encourage past customers to leave reviews for your business on Google my business, and even share photos!
By optimizing your google my business you can bolster local search traffic to your store and your website, and is a free way to market your business!
#3. Social Media
With social media companies can easily ‘go viral’ overnight for customer service, quality, and build a reputation with a specific demographic. If your business isn’t on social media, you are leaving money on the table and missing out on a whole new way to market your business.
Social media has completely changed the way that people do business. Social media comes in many platforms, styles and attracts different audiences. Some business owners try the all-in approach and throw everything at the wall to hope for some it sticks.
The varying social media platforms can be hard for a new business owner to juggle. That is why it is better to choose 2-3 social media platforms to optimize your business for.
Here is a quick guide to the types of content and audience on each of the major social media channels.
- Facebook: This is a great place to market to the millennial demographic. Video and Image content performs best on Facebook, with long-form stories. Facebook is one of the most popular social media pages and a great place for your business to start.
- LinkedIn: The Holy Grail of Business to Business marketing and long-form stories. Customer testimonials and long for posts due best here and are a great way to highlight your business.
- Instagram: For Gen Z and Elder Millennials instagram is the ‘aesthetic’ post paradise. Beautiful photos, and video content are one of the top ways to build and market your business.
- Tik Tok: Business has gone viral over Tik Tok. From leggings, dresses, and countless other products, If you want to market to Gen Z and are willing to post videos, and hop on trends Tik Tok can be the next big source of your business!
- Pintrest: Pintrest is a secret marketing goldmine – if you know how to use it! Infographics, tips and tricks, beautiful lifestyle images are always your brand can reach a new audience. By creating productivity tipos, life style hacks, or even fashion and mood boards you can build a one of a kind marketing machine in this social media platform.
Content is king in the social media age, but it’s about matching your content to your demographic and social media. Still images without sound won’t perform on TikTok, while loud images with the latest music will tank on Pintrest. Know your audience, and create the content for the platform they are on.
Social Media is one of the best ways to market your business no matter what platforms you choose. No matter if you prefer video, images, or just long captions you can find the perfect social media channel for your business!
Marketing your business doesn’t need to be complicated. By laying the foundation for your digital marketing you can easily market your business and reach new customers every single day!
With any marketing strategy, it is about marketing your business in the right places and in the right way. You may find that your customers prefer some channels over others, or other types of messages more. The important thing to remember is that interacting with your customers should be fun.
Marketing Tip: Not sure which way to reach your audience? Make a customer profile! A customer Profile lays out cleanly the type of audience you want to connect with, and how to talk with that audience. From demographics, to life stages, or messaging, ta customer profile can be your marketing cheat sheet! You may find this easier to make after talking with some customers or trying and testing the different marketing channels below!
3 Easy Ways To Market Your Business:
- Website: Your website should be your digital billboard. Clean design, engaging copy, and keywords to help guide your customers to make their first purchase. A great website is easy to use and has all the answers a customer is looking for. Don’t forget to use keywords to help drive traffic to your site.
- Google My Business: Get featured on local searches, and map results with a Google My Business Account. Reviews can greatly improve your SEO, and reputation to help win over the new business!
- Social Media: There are so many social media channels your company can market on for free. From video, infographics, and beautiful images, the possibilities to build a new audience and market your business are endless!
How will you market your business in 2022?
About the Author!
Catherine Way is the Marketing Manager at Prime Plus Mortgages: Mortgage Note Investing. She has created content for the following industries: Marketing, Real Estate, Mortgage, Finance, Business, Real Estate Investing and many more.